Friday, December 21, 2007

Arduino, here I come!

I've just received my Arduino in the mail, from a company here in NYC called Adafruit Industries. This officially will begin my adventure into the world of Arduino. In posts to come, I'll start uploading pictures and videos of my experiences with the Arduino.

For those who aren't familiar, the Arduino is an Open Source hardware development board. It has been featured in Make Magazine and Make Blog many times, and there are a number of videos online too.

As for me, I've been a circuit hobbyist for over a decade, and after teaching myself using RadioShack breadboards back in the early 90's, went on to get my official EE bachelors degree. This whole time, I've been an avid PIC user, so this will be a fresh start and something entirely new for me. I can't wait!

No comments: