Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Imagine an Extender Shield

On a boring New Years Day Matt uploaded a crazy picture to Liquidwar.org; this image represented an idea he envisioned. I first looked at the crappy 'MS Paint' image with a lot of confusion; all I saw was a black square with some white lines on it.


I read the title of the Liquid Post, "Arduino Pin Replicator Double Shield", and all of a sudden the ideas started flowing. I could imagine an Arduino with detachable protoshield on one side and an xbee shield on the other end.

After a week of thought I had to put my ideas on the liquidware site, a 'Double Wide' shield would be much better for my application.


So I uploaded another crappy paint image with a horizontal shield layout.


After a few months and lots of thought the Liqudware community came up with the Double Wide Extender Shield, which is shared with the community at Liquidware.com.

Check it out at Liquidware.org.

No comments: