Friday, September 25, 2009

Embedded Systems Confrence Boston

This year I was lucky enough to sneak out to the Embedded Systems Conference at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston!
This was my first time going to a big event like this with so many embedded systems engineers.
After I got my badge, I saw a great presentation by Robert Brunner from Ammunition to start out my day!
Then I headed to the Exhibit Hall where lots people were showing off their stuff.After that I learned a little about Windows Embedded... they seem to be focusing a lot on a distributed cloud architecture.

I finally got a chance to talk to real NXP team members (from my experience, they are imposable to reach via phone unless you are buying infinity processors). The NXP team knew their products, and were very helpful... they even gave me a free development stick!After that, I headed back to the Exhibit Hall to finish what i started.
I grabbed a quick lunch and went to hang out with the guys from Texas Instruments, and they put on a fascinating demo of their Beagle Board, and how they hacked Ant and Make files to get a Linux kernel running on the board.
The day ended for me with a discussion on power optimization for embedded system operating systems...
Can't wait till ESC Boston 2010!

No comments: